Monday 18 December 2017

Happy New Year ... Happy Christmas 2017 !!


It seems a surreal and an unfamiliar experience to be publishing a post after a break of about 18 months. It's been a busy period due to getting married, selling two houses and moving to the countryside.


More recently I have had to empty and return a rented garage back to the local council as I had no further use for it near where my Mother used to live. It has been a monumental task trying to downsize and although I'm not quite there yet, (1/2 a room to sort) it seems within touching distance. I was incapacitated for a while when I broke a bone in my foot and was off work for six weeks in the middle of the year.


I had planned to get a new laptop in the autumn but that still hasn't happened do to distractions of a new kitchen and annoying maintenance and repairs to brand new and old large household appliances. thought you may like to see some very local scenes. I was encouraged by a follower (Cranberry Morning) to join Instagram a while back so have been active on there to keep myself operational !! I also had to apply comment moderation to this blog a few months ago due to spam.


There is a bakery just opened up in the village and it serves a variety of savoury and sweet treats to eat inside or takeaway. Whilst waiting for a breakfast, I caught up with the weekend sports news with a sourdough bread to take home afterwards.


The view from the other side of the table on an earlier occasion looking out on the snow.



Hello to whoever is still following me and I thought I'd squeeze in a solitary 2017 post
and wish you all a Happy Christmas from the local village green, Hopefully I should be back at some point in early in 2018.

15 comments:

  1. I'm still here! Good to hear from you and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas Michelle and I'll catch up with your page soon.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your marriage :-)

    Lovely photographs of the snow/frost.

    I hope you get everything sorted out soon so you can relax.

    Wishing you a Happy Christmas and New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CherryPie, I'm nearly there, just need to re-organise sunday nights so I can sort out some photos for this page. Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing what you've been up to soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm still here as well!

    Old age and laziness playing their part so not as active as you. Image 7434 - a beautiful scene, temps me to get out more though.

    Regards, Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, hope you are well. I don't seem to find time at the moment for walking trips but the dog needs walking so I'm fortunate enough to say that these scenes are all about 15 minutes from the front door. The downside is that I still have to go to work, so in the wintertime this is only available at weekends .... when more pressing needs arise !! It has to be said that I had to force myself out of the house extremely early to capture images 1, 2 and 4 al taken on the same day.

      Delete
  4. Well, hello! Huge welcome back and congratulation-type things! I see you haven't lost your touch as a photographer AND you obviously live in a lovely part of the world. Look forward to hearing more in 2018 - meanwhile, VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, still got a room to empty and a shed to organise next year but small steps in getting back to this page here. Hope you had a nice Christmas and best wishes for 2018

      Delete
  5. Such pretty and peacefull scenes of horses and snow.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking me up and your generous comments.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jay, congratulations - and welcome back to the blogosphere; you've been missed and this series of photos shows why. Happy Christmas to you and yours, and a great 2018

    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and captivating scenes, I welcome your solitary 2017 post. Getting married and moving to the countryside sounds like sort of a new start and surely like important decisions. Congratulations, enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back and congratulations...... You certainly seem to have had a very busy year.
    Have a great Christmas and a good 2018...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see a blog post! :-) The photos are always beautiful, but there's something about photo #2 that really captures me. Happy Second Day of Christmas! May you find two turtledoves (that were not dragged in by your dog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails